Friday, November 11, 2016

A Taste of Seduction (The Disgraced Lords, #5) by Bronwen Evans

 

Reviewed by Tabatha  ✰✰✰✰

This Disgraced Lords series has been so much fun to read, and A Taste of Seduction was no exception! I just absolutely love this cast of characters, not to mention the mystery and intrigue it has going for it, too!

This was a reunion of lovers book, and we all know how I love those, but my only complaint would be that the ending was lacking for me. I know we are leading into the next book with the big reveal in this one, but it still felt a bit lacking there at the end and I wanted it a bit more wrapped up. Also the romance in this one, while sweet and sexy, actually seemed to take a back burner to the story itself. That's not always a bad thing, mind you, but I was surprised by it a bit given the previous books. I think this one just had so much to fit it that it was difficult to expand on the more intimate moments between Hadley and Evangeline more. I felt so incredibly bad for them that they were torn apart so early in life. The lies and deceit by our villainess were grievous indeed, and the more revealed the worse it is because you feel bad for her as well.

Overall, I still love these books. Bronwen Evans is a go-to author for me for historical romance, so you can't ever go wrong with one of her books. My only caution is that you read this series in its entirety, because you'll be lost attempting to read them as stand-alones. So with all that said, yes, you need to read this! lol

Reviewed by Kim  ✰✰✰✰✰

 Every new installment of the Disgraced Lords just gets better and better. My heart broke for Evangeline & Hadley, the trials that they were put through by the lies of those closest to them was so painful to watch. Both of them were so damaged that it seems only right that they would find each other and with a little trust and a lot of love bring warmth and joy back into their lives.

*We received a review copy from the author/publisher via NetGalley in exchange for our honest review.*

If you'd like to check out more about this or other books by Bronwen, please head over to her website.

 


Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble
 

No comments:

Post a Comment