Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hang Tough (Blacktop Cowboys, #8) by Lorelei James

✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

Let me start this off by saying that I've been looking forward to Tobin getting his HEA for far too long now, and James delivered the perfect match for him in Jade. These two were combustible right from the very start, but they also had an insta-love thing going as well that actually totally worked for them given their personalities. I can't say that I was surprised by the hidden depths Tobin had in all honesty, because I always thought that man was far more complicated than he seemed. I'm just happy that the loneliness driving him away from Muddy Gap seemed to dissipate with Jade's arrival.

But, I did have two areas of concern as I was reading, and I wasn't alone in this after discussing it with a friend. What the heck was up with the Mudd Lilies? I don't want to reveal anything, but let me just say that I didn't get an adequate enough resolution for their actions by the end of the book, and I'm still a bit perplexed. Another sore spot with me was Renner. Over the course of this series, he hasn't really endeared himself to me, and I sure didn't like the way he has been treating Tobin over the last 6 years by stringing him along. I understand Split Rock has evolved and Renner's priorities have changed, but he is kind of disrespectful and neglectful to those he employs as his personal life has gotten more complicated. Anyhoo...those are minor issues...trust me. I'm just heavily invested in this series so I notice things like this!

Overall, I really did enjoy reading Tobin and Jade's story. It was sizzling hot all while being super sweet at the same time, so needless to say it was delightful to read as I devoured it in one sitting. I simply love this whole cast of characters in this series, and I'm always so sad when each book ends to be leaving them until the next time. I'm hoping we get a book for Tobin's brother Streeter (I hate that name btw), because he really does deserves a bit of happiness. Anyhoo, I say definitely give this series a read and I promise you'll love it!



If you'd like to check out more about this or other books by Lorelei, please head over to her website.

 


Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment