Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wrapped and Strapped (Blacktop Cowboys, #7) by Lorelei James

✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

I'm a huge LJ fan and I've really enjoyed the Blacktop series up to this point. Unfortunately, I get the feeling it's all coming to an end from the feel of this story. But that's not why I rated it 3 stars. From the start, I just couldn't connect with these two, because Hugh and Harlow seem like the most mismatched pair I've ever read from LJ.

Harlow's past is very dark, and I found parts very difficult for me to read. I guess anyone can find themselves in that sort of situation, but it just didn't seem to jive well with her character to be that passive in my honest opinion. On the flip side, I admired her spirit and how she gave herself so selflessly to help others in need and her stance on how she chose to help those in need without political or religious agenda. But I hated how everyone, especially her own sister, seemed to judge her without ever really knowing her. She deserved better than that.

As for Hugh...well I'm sad to say liked him least of all. And I do mean all...as in every LJ hero I've read. He's a far cry from an Alpha male, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he seemed to let everyone walk all over him and he was a total tool to Harlow. I don't know if I could be as forgiving for what he did to Harlow that summer, and I didn't want him to end up with her.

Overall, I was just disappointed by this one, so maybe it is for the best that things seem to feel like they are rolling to a close with this series. I don't know if that's true or not, but I will read any subsequent release for this series because I love LJ's books that much. I don't think everyone will feel same as me, but there's always going to be one in a series that doesn't live up to expectations and I think that was the case with this one for me.

If you'd like to check out more about this or other books by Lorelei, please head over to her website.

 


Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment