Saturday, August 16, 2014

Beyond Shame (Beyond #1) by Kit Rocha

✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

I'm really ashamed of myself for not reading this book sooner, because this was such an amazing read! To give you guys some background info, the Beyond series takes us to a post-apocalyptic world where society is divided up into sections. Within each section they all have their own inner workings and rules that they abide by, which can also be a source of conflict between them as well. Now I generally don’t read post-apocalyptic/dystopian type romances, they have just never really been my thing, but I must confess that I was intrigued by the blurb for Beyond Shame. After hearing quite a few glowing recommendations from my friends, I bit the bullet and I’m ever so glad that I did.

Noelle has lived a privileged life in Eden being a councilman’s daughter but after being caught breaking the rules, she is thrown into Section 4 with only the clothing on her back. Lucky for her, she is saved by Jasper just before she falls victim to the many predators lurking within section 4 that are more than happy to divest her of anything they can. Jasper is second in command to Dallas O’Kane, and she finds herself as part of the O'Kane clan before she even realizes what she has truly gotten herself into. They open up her eyes to a world of lust and intense gratification that she has only ever dreamed about. This brings about a sense of awakening within Noelle, and she and Jasper embrace their undeniable attraction to each other. Unfortunately, she is also a distraction from his duties. When Noelle's past catches up with her and her life is at risk, will Jasper send her back to the privileged life he feels she deserves, or will he fight to keep her and allow her to embrace who she really is inside?

Like Noelle, I think that I’ve been sheltered and I’ve read quite a lot of erotic romances. These guys live a life of sexual decadence that may only live in books, but I can definitely see how she was so tempted by all that section 4 laid at her feet. Wow, doesn’t even begin to sum up what I thought about this book. It really was great read. Even though it wasn’t my favorite type of sub-genre, I found myself absorbed into this world of gritty chaos. Each character introduced to us was well developed, and the author leaves you craving their stories, too. I’ve used these adjectives to describe another book series that I loved, but it is more than fitting for this one too. It was gritty, raw, unapologetic, and incredibly sexy beyond words. Right now, I’m going to dive right into the next book in this series, so I’m definitely going to suggest this one to you guys. I can’t wait to read about Dallas and Lex, because the buildup in this one leads me to think that they will be an explosive combination! Now on to the next!

 If you'd like to check out more about this series or other books by Kit, please head over to their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment