Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Whisper of Desire (The Disgraced Lords #4) by Bronwen Evans

Reviewed by Tabatha   ✰✰✰✰

 

I've been contemplating this review for a bit, because while I loved this book I did have some issues with the way it ended. Bronwen Evans writes amazing historical romance with so much mystery and intrigue you can't help but get sucked into the story. I simply love everything I've read, and each of these Disgraced Lords books has kept me hanging on for the next book to see what is going to happen next.

So I bet you are wondering why I said that I had issues with the ending. Well, I'm not going to tell you simply because it would ruin the book for you, and I'm not about to do that to anyone. Let's just say that something happens that not only made my heart ache as if it had been beaten to a pulp, but I even ugly cried. I hate ugly crying!!!  It probably had more to do with me on a personal front, but I just felt doing that to the characters wasn't necessary and it kind of ruined the book for me there at the end. BUT...and I say a big BUT because leading up to that this book was everything that I've come to love from Evans writing, and I do still highly suggest it. The romance between Marisa and Maitland was just  a thing of beauty when they were together. He struggled in vain to keep her at a distance hurting Marisa emotionally, but once he gives in it is truly beautiful.

I'm just dying to get my hands on the next book, because something major is about to go down! If you love historical romance, I promise you can't go wrong with Bronwen Evans so definitely give the Disgraced Lords series a read.


Reviewed by Kim   ✰✰✰✰✰

 

I am never disappointed by this author or this series. The Disgraced Lords series combines mystery, intrigue, romance, and history bring it all together in wonderful and thrilling story. In the beginning, I wasn't sure I was going to like Marissa. She seemed to be a beautiful but spoiled young woman, but the story progressed she becomes a very caring and compassionate woman. Maitland was just an amazing character. The control that he imposed on himself as punishment for his fathers behavior was heartbreaking and commendable. This is the kind of character that makes you want to take him and make everything better for him. These two unlikely characters are a perfect match all the way through. The strength and brilliance of the writing and prose shine through with all the twists and turns of a real page turner.  

*Review copies were received from the author/publisher via NetGalley in exchange for our honest review.*



 

No comments:

Post a Comment