Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A Night of Forever (The Disgraced Lords, #6) by Bronwen Evans

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

I've been eagerly anticipating Arend's book, because there has always just been something about his character that has drawn me. He's been the ever dutiful member of the Disgraced Lords as they go through their adventures, but I felt it was about time that he get his own book where everything comes together with our villainess. Arend's hidden depths weren't a surprise to me, but what did surprise me was just how deep they went. He truly is a man who has been formed by the obstacles he's faced, and he's been hiding quite a lot from his friends much to his detriment. Isobel is persistent in her pursuit of his secrets though, so it really was only a matter of time before she cracked that shell of protection he surrounds himself in. Isobel was a deeply admirable character, and I just loved her! She matched Arend's darkness with a light that couldn't be dimmed even in the face of such a wicked step-mother who has set out a path of deception deeper than she even realized. She fought for both herself and Arend when trust is something difficult for both of them, but especially more so for Arend given his past.

Ultimately, A Night of Forever was everything I was expecting and more. It had so much suspense and intrigue, despite us knowing who the villainess was from the previous book, and the passion between these two was undeniable and magnetic. The one thing that did bug me a bit was how this book overlapped filling in the gaps from the previous book, but I get why the author did it this way so it was only a minor annoyance to say the least. Overall though, this book, and this series, have been a wonderfully fun journey and I've loved every moment of it!

Reviewed by Kim

 

I was so excited to read this book. The Disgraced Lords is one of my very favorite series. I was looking forward to Arend's story. I saw him as the most complex of all of the Lords and I wasn't wrong. He is such a good soul but has had to do some terrible things just to survive. I loved the struggles and the victories that he encountered and overcame. Isobel is the perfect companion to the deeply intense Arend, they couldn't have been better for each other. They brought out the many sides to each other and enhanced them tenfold. The intrigue in this series will keep any reader on the edge of their seat.


*We both received a review copy from the author/publisher via NetGalley in exchange for our honest reviews.* 

If you'd like to check out more about this or other books by Bronwen, please head over to her website.

 


Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble
 

No comments:

Post a Comment