Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11) by Cherise Sinclair

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

This was probably one of the more difficult books I've read on a personal level. I know just how hard it is going through fertility issues and that it's a subject you don't often see addressed in romance. I know, who wants to see a relationship struggle like that, but it's real and honest that not everyone can so easily have children when they choose or not choose. I can actually only think of two other instances where I've seen this addressed, but I digress...

Protecting His Own was heartbreaking at times, no question about that, but it was also uplifting in ways that I've come to expect from Cherise's writing. She always ensures that her characters have the love and support of the other Doms and subs from the Shadowlands, and that despite great adversity that her characters can find a way to make things work for them even if it isn't exactly in the ways they expect. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried buckets for Beth and Nolan, because I can more than relate to how they feel as far as infertility goes. But, I also cried because I know that Beth has already had to endure so much in her life, and the thought of adding infertility to it physically pained me. I think this is what sets Sinclair apart from other BDSM authors though. Her books are character driven. It isn't so much about the BDSM scenes and the suspense, as it is about the character going through it and the emotions involved. I've seen this series progress into something that is truly wonderful to read, even through the tears, and I admire Cherise's ability to consistently make this series better with each new release. Protecting His Own was another quality installment to this series, and I'm really looking forward to the next book with Uzuri and finally figuring her out.  

If you'd like to check out more about this or other books by Cherise, please head over to her website.

 


Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment