Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Long Time Gone (Rough Riders, #16.5) by Lorelei James

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

Sometimes you read a book and it just sticks with you no matter how you feel about the subsequent books you read after. But, for me, it has always been this entire Rough Riders series. It's just something so exceedingly special, you have to read it to understand where I’m coming from. I just can't quite put into words to tell you all just how much I absolutely adore it. The series warms my heart in ways that no other book or series has ever been able to accomplish, so I can’t highly suggest enough that you need to take the time to read it. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Long Time Gone is a sexy and extraordinarily sweet novella that gives us a glimpse back into the history of Cal and Kimi McKay’s relationship and how it all started. From the moment these two meet in the ice cream parlor, there is no turning back for either one of them. They are undeniably perfect for one another, despite the West/McKay complications, and I absolutely adore these two. I love and respect Cal even more so now after learning the way he allowed Kimi to spread her wings. He knew if you love something with the desire to be free, that you need to let it go so it comes back to you strong than ever before. I seriously don’t know how Cal, or Kimi for that matter, managed those years while she was gone. I was amazed at the determination and strength of their love, because this is what pulled them through. Let me put this quite simply for all of you guys, Cal McKay is nothing short of amazing. It’s no wonder his sons are two of my favorite guys from the McKay clan, because the apple didn’t fall far from the tree there.

With all that said, I’m sure you know I’m going to tell you that this is a MUST read. Their relationship is complicated, but yet also so simple in the purity of the love they have for one another. I have to say it again because it bares reminding, but I just love these two. So read this book, but more so read the whole series. When you are invested in it like I am, each time you get to revisit with your favorite family becomes such a treat. I can’t wait for what Lorelei has in store for us next. 

If you'd like to check out more about this series or Lorelei's other books, please head over to her website.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I always love reading reviews by someone who GETS it just like I do and someone who appreciates the greatness of the RR series and most especially Cal, Kimi, and of course their boys! LOL!

    ReplyDelete