Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ridin' For A Fall (A&G Original Brand #1) by Kirsten Lynn

✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

Well, I didn't see any indication that this was going to be a historical cowboy book from reading the synopsis, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this revelation. I seriously don't think I read near enough historical western set books in my opinion. So let me start my review with telling you guys that I thought Ridin' For A Fall was a great read with really fantastic characters you are just going to adore.

Lena and Kyle are part of a traveling Wild West Show, but they find themselves thrown in an unexpected situation while in London when faced with the repercussions of Kyle's philandering ways when they were there last year. With no other options, these two are forced to marry and return home when they are fired from the traveling show. As they start the new chapter of their lives, they not only discover how deep their passion is, but they also find out that they are always better when facing things together.

For all Kyle's faults, he really is a stand-up guy. He gets scared and reacts a bit too hasty, what guy doesn't, but deep inside the guy is such a marshmallow. In the tender moments between him and Lena, you can feel not only the passion between them, but a deep solid friendship that has stood the test of time. As Kyle kept saying to Lena, they were inevitable. As for Lena, I think she is such an admirable character. I just simply loved her. She is so very strong while taking everything that came her way in stride. Although she is loath to hear it, sweet really was the best adjective to describe her no matter if she liked it or not. When they are together, you really get the sense that these two can face anything that comes their way, because their relationship is strong enough to survive anything. I was really excited to see these two be a tad bit kinky in the bedroom, because it really fit in well with their personalities. The passion and chemistry between these two is undeniable.

I loved so many things about this story. Following them on their journey home, the emotional struggles they endured along the way, and even more so once they arrived home to face Kyle's demons. The only thing I would have liked to see play out differently was towards the end. I honestly think that these two had enough conflict without adding the evil brother/sister combo. I just didn't think their roles in the story were necessary, and their motives are still quite unclear to me or how they would have managed to accomplish their mission.

Overall, this book was everything that I look for in a historical romance. I found myself loving the characters, faults and all, and I really wanted them to make things work. They may not have gotten the exact happy ending I would have liked to see play out, but I think that it worked out well anyway. As Kristen is a new to me author, I'm definitely looking forward to checking out more of what she has written and also what she has in store for us with the next book featuring the A&G gang.

*A review copy was provided from the author in exchange for honest review.*

 If you'd like to check out more about this series or other books by Kirsten, please head over to her website.


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tabatha!! I'm thrilled you enjoyed Kyle and Lena's story!!

    Kirsten Lynn

    ReplyDelete