Friday, June 19, 2015

Slut (Labels #2) by Saranna DeWylde

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Kim

 

Wow, where to begin...

Ok, first of all, this is the second in the Labels series by the fabulous Saranna DeWylde, and let me tell you what a follow up it is! I was truly moved and inspired by FAT, and I really didn't think that I would be touched quite so much by this one but oh was I wrong. 

This is a powerful, moving story of a woman finding a way to love herself after so many years of trying to get other peoples to love her instead. The writing was absolutely superb.  I really felt like I was traveling along this journey with Bex, I felt her pain, her indecision, her desire for more, and I wanted to stand up and shout YES when she finally got it. We are introduced to more characters who I'm really looking forward to seeing more of in the future as well as getting to catch up with Claire and Brant from FAT. 

This is a powerful series that will pull you in, break your heart, and your defenses, and then put you back together piece by piece. This book as well as the series as a whole is real, raw, and gritty. It's not for the faint of heart, but it is for those that want to be entertained while at the same time having their eyes opened wide to the road of inner discovery.

*ARC was provided for honest review from the author*

 If you'd like to check out more about this series or other books by Saranna, please head over to her website.



Amazon  ~ Barnes & Noble



No comments:

Post a Comment