Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Legal Briefs (Lawyers in Love #3) by N.M. Silber

 

Reviewed by Tabatha  ✰✰✰✰✰

 

Legal Briefs was suggested to me by my friend and co-blogger Kayla, and I'm really happy that I gave it a chance. I think that this author has a great voice, writes exceedingly well, and that she is just very talented overall. So with that being said I, of course, totally enjoyed Lily and Adam's story. I haven't read the previous two books in this series, but I found that I didn't really need to.  Legal Briefs is led with a great cast of characters, and it is full of sexy romance and suspense that will keep you guessing as to what is really going on. 

The romance between Lily and Adam was just too cute for words, and holy smokes did they burn it up in the bedroom.  I think I loved it more because it wasn't just sex for the sake of sex, and you could really feel the connection between these two.  The one negative that I had, which seriously wasn't that big of a deal, was that the climax moment was just a bit too much on the ridiculous side. I see where the author was going with it, but it was just a bit over the top.  Now I think I might have found a kindred spirit in Silber though, because I loved every single song and reference she made in this book. I have to say that it really did enhance my overall enjoyment of the story, and Lily and Adam's sarcastic wit helped immensely too. I'd give this one a solid 4 1/2 stars, but I'll round up just because of the Mazzy Star song Silber mentioned! :) I'm definitely looking forward to reading the previous two books, and for where Silber will take this gang in the future. Nicely done!

Reviewed by Kayla  ✰✰✰✰✰

 

I am a HUGE N.M. Silber fan. I've been supporting her since before her first release, and I honestly can say this is her best book to date. I LOVE Lily and Adam. If she could just write about these two characters, I'd be set for life. They are just so real and when reading, I felt like I was following along with them -- not just reading. I could easily picture scenes as if I was standing there with them. As usual, the characters (secondary especially) were hilarious. Love the fact that we got to see the crew together and their interactions. I actually love how they all are such good people and friends. I think the fact that Adam and Lily have a history made them that much more understandable. I could relate and it was easy to see why they felt and said the things they did. Lily's apartment building is so crazy - but in an oddly good way. Mostly because all the other tenants in the building had such great characters! Strange, but so amusing.

I was so bummed when the book ended. I'm still mourning the end of the book. Ms. Silber created such an amazing read, and I can't wait for their next installment.

So many laughs, lots of emotions, and way more heat than Ms. Silber's previous releases. Great read. Highly recommend. 

 *Kayla's copy was provided by the author in exchange for honest review and Tabatha purchased hers*

If you'd like to check out more about this series, please head over to NM's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment