Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Kiss of Lies (The Disgraced Lords #1) by Bronwen Evans

 

Reviewed by Tabatha  ✰✰✰✰


This was my first book from Bronwen Evans, and it will certainly not be the last. I thoroughly enjoyed this historical, and it was just as exciting as it was sweet and sexy as well. I loved the character development, and all the intrigue this book had going on too. I only had two areas that nagged me a bit. I thought that it was a bit too long and could have used some trimming down, because I found myself skimming and I never do that. I was also slightly disappointed with the cliff hanger ending leading into the next book, but I think that is a story line that we will see going through the series until the end. Overall, it was a delightful read full of suspense, emotion, and heat. I can’t wait to read the next book to see where the story goes from here with the secondary characters.

 

Reviewed by Kim  ✰✰✰✰✰

 

 This is the best historical I've read in quite a while. It was exciting, sexy, sweet, just amazing all the way around. I'm extremely impressed with the historical accuracy that I found in some parts of the book. I was so pleasantly surprised when the author noted the difference in dress between a governess and a Lady. Most authors don't note it so I was stunned and thrilled to see this. The characters were full of life, the movement of the whole book was fast but not so fast that you get lost, it was the perfect blend of keeping up the excitement without losing the details. I can't wait to read the next installments of this series! 

For more information on this series and Bronwen's other books, please check out her website.


No comments:

Post a Comment