Saturday, May 31, 2014

Full Series Review of The Artist Trilogy by Karina Halle


Reviewed by Tabatha

 

On Every Street (Book .5)  ✰✰✰✰✰


On Every Street is a prequel to the Artist Trilogy, and I highly recommend that you start here.  You will get to know more about what has shaped Ellie.  This book was an emotional roller coaster for me and it did give me tears. I'm so glad I read this before I started on Sins & Needles, because I felt like I really got to know Ellie better this way. I wanted a bit more confrontation with her and Javier at the end, but I'm glad she got a bit of sweet revenge.  I'm excited to continue on with this series, and I know I'm in store for some amazing things given this fantastic start.


Sins and Needles (Book 1)  ✰✰✰✰✰

Holy freaking cliff hanger, but a fantastic read!

First off I am not a fan of cliff hanger books, but I'm oh so glad I gave this series a shot! I love that both Ellie and Camden are flawed, and I didn't see some of the twists coming in this one! This book had some great lines in it that I just loved.

“It wasn't a goodbye kiss, it was the opposite. It was the start of something that would last forever.”

“I can't ever lose what I just felt." He kissed my cheek. "I'm afraid if I did, I'd come looking for you too. I'm afraid I can relate...to him.”

I thoroughly enjoyed that this was more story driven than sex/lust. It was also refreshingly original. I cannot wait to see what is going to happen next!


Shooting Scars (Book 2)   ✰✰✰✰

This was a good, but not great follow up to Sins and Needles. It does have another cliff hanger moment at the end, but I knew it was coming with one more book coming out soon. I think this one just got to me, because I'm firmly team Camden and Javier makes me want to punch his lights out. I've felt really sorry for Ellie through out much of this series, but her actions in this one made me question her sanity. I will admit that her too stupid to live moments aggravated me to no end.

Anyway...I still can't wait to read the last book in the series, and hopefully I'll be much happier with the conclusion. :)


 Bold Tricks (Book 3)   ✰✰✰✰✰

My mind is blown! I really want to do this review justice, but all I have to say is just how fantastic I think this book is!! These characters are flawed, but they stole my heart, and I think the best love stories come from characters like these. This one, like the previous books, is an emotional roller coaster and I shed a few tears. I'm not going to spoil anything for those of you who are going to read it, but just know that this trilogy is amazing and I absolutely loved this conclusion to Ellie's story.

Seriously, you guys must read this series.

If you'd like to check out more about this series or Karina's other books, please head over to her website.



Amazon  ~ Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment