Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mine (Real #2) by Katy Evans


Reviewed by Tabatha  ✰✰✰

 

I really don't want to write this review, because I wanted to just absolutely love this continuation of the story with Brooke & Remy. He is still an amazing character in my eyes, so I'm definitely glad I got to read more with him. The part about this book that bothered me the most was unfortunately Brooke. She was driving me nuts, and that is never a good thing when the book is from that character's view point. Her fixation on his body... yeah I get that. Her need to express her devotion and obsessive love for him... again I get that. Her jealousy though... yeah that was incredibly annoying. You broke up with him and crushed his heart, so you can't be mad with what he does to get himself over you. You just can't...

Anyway, this book felt much like a repeat of the first one, but with a new twist added in. I would have liked to read more actual conversation between Brooke and Remy, rather than constant sex scenes when they are together. I refuse to give any spoilers, but I do have to say that I was delighted by that twist that was thrown in. :) Brooke's irrational behavior was just a big issue for me, but I still love this series. What made this book for me was hands down Remy. He did what he had to do despite making very tough decisions. *blissful sigh* He is such a great character! Overall, this one didn't meet my (almost too high) expectations, but Remy is one of my favorite characters so I can't wait to continue reading this series in his POV. 


Reviewed by Erica  ✰✰✰✰

 

I really liked this book. A lot. However, I can see why a lot of people didn't care for it, although honestly all the scenting and animalistic behavior was present in the first book, so if that drove you crazy in Real, why did you read the second one? Anywho, I digress. Remy is really something else. Brooke is really something else. To see the two of them come together in the most permanent of ways as a couple is just romantic, sweet, hot and very emotional when you see the two of them fighting to get Remy through his black times. It read very quickly for me. Was Brooke's jealousy annoying? Yes. Was it understandable? Yes. Did it ruin the book for me? No. I liked it a lot. I am honestly not really jumping up and down to read the last installment in this series because somehow I have a feeling that looking at their relationship through Remy's eyes won't be as romantic as looking at it through Brooke's, so I'll probably stop right...here. Definitely worth reading if you enjoyed Real, but just get ready for more scenting, meowing, roaring, grooming, licking...you know, all of that lion behavior. 

For more information on this series,  please check out Katy's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment