Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Devil's Metal (Devils #1) by Karina Halle

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha


 This was such a crazy and intense ride!  I, like I have with all the other Halle books I've read, sat down and read it in one sitting because I just couldn't put it down. I swear it is just the amazing way that Karina writes, but her books captivate me in such a way that my attention cannot be swayed elsewhere. She is mind-fuckingly brilliant...no joke, she really is. The Devil's Metal was a serious head trip and even quite scary at times too, but I loved every minute of it.

“There is no later. There never was. Later is something that's used up with the lazy belief that there's always a tomorrow.”

This story takes us back to 1974 at the perfect time for rock and roll (in my personal opinion), and it is about Dawn (Rusty), a budding journalist, snatching up a golden opportunity to go on tour with one of her favorite up and coming bands, Hybrid. These guys are gritty and your typical excess-loving rock stars, but something lurks beneath the surface and Dawn notices that things aren't quite right with the band. As events unfold and things get downright scary, Dawn isn't so sure she safe anymore but she also realizes it's to late to leave too.

"It's dangerous to meet your idols. You'll always be disappointed.”


I'm not going to do any spoilers for this, but I'm going to guaranty you paranormal lovers out there will enjoy this read. It's full of suspense and mystery, and it is such a dark and twisted tale. The cast of characters are complex and unique, and the writing is just downright amazing. I am so eager to get started on the next book, that I'm cutting this review short to get started! lol I'll leave you with some parting words from the band's manager Jacob...

"It's rock and roll, Rusty. Anything that can happen, will happen. Even the impossible."


If you'd like to check out more about this series or Karina's other books, please head over to her website.


No comments:

Post a Comment