Saturday, July 12, 2014

Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk #3) by Leah Braemel

Reviewed by Tabatha  ✰✰✰✰✰


Chad & Lauren had the perfect life before everything fell apart due to manipulation, misplaced trust, and tragedy.

Now I'm a big Braemel fan, so needless to say this was yet another great book from her that I thoroughly enjoyed! I felt that it was an emotional read where I was able to connect with the characters and feel their pain for all that they had lost. I was so glad that the book definitely gave me the happy ending for Lauren & Chad that I felt they were owed as a result of all their suffering.

Overall, I think that this was an entertaining read but also feel like it was slightly rushed there towards the end too. We are left with some lingering issues, but maybe the next book will clear those up. I am definitely looking forward to the next in this series!

Reviewed by Erica   ✰✰✰

 

What a sad story...and damn, I really liked Thalia after Sam's story but this one made me wish that someone would have kicked her little ass for the interference. Deliberate deceptions is RIGHT. This was a good story, and I think I would have given it four stars if the general plot had been laid out a little clearer. I constantly found myself flipping back and forth to figure out what was going on, who Lauren worked for, how Hauberk got involved in the whole thing, why Chad was involved, etcetera. It was a little difficult to keep straight all the way through the book. But Lauren and Chad's story was very touching and sad...their reunion was unbelievable and hot to read about...and I enjoyed reading it a lot.

If you'd like to check out more about this series or other books by Leah, please head over to her website.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment