Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dirty Angels (Dirty Angels #1) by Karina Halle

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha


Just when you think that Javier couldn’t be any more bad ass than he already was in the Artist Trilogy, Karina Halle completely blows all your expectations out of the water with Dirty Angels.  I love Javier.  Hands down, he is the only “bad guy” that I’ve ever loved.  You seriously can’t help but love this wicked man despite how dirty, malicious, and appalling he can be.  Honestly, Dirty Angels managed to defy all of my preconceived notions of how evil Javier could truly be, but it also showed a side of this complex man that we caught a brief glimpse of right before Ellie broke his cold heart.  To say that I completely enjoyed this wild ride would be a gross understatement.   I couldn’t put this book down from start to finish and I crave more.

 In this story, Javier sets out to destroy his enemy Salvador Reyes by capturing the cartel leader’s new bride, Luisa.  For Luisa, she never had a choice in her marriage to the depraved man, but she gives up her freedom and body to protect her family from the poor existence they have been struggling to survive.  In her attempt to escape, she is captured by Javier’s men and used as ransom.  You may call it Stockholm syndrome, but Luisa and Javier find themselves increasingly attracted to one another no matter what evil deed he enacts upon her body, mind, and soul.   

I have to hand it to Karina Halle for her ability to always exceed my expectations.  I’ve said it before and I will continue to as well, but she is such an incredibly talented writer.  I’m amazed at her ability to craft her stories, and even more so that she has me never wanting them to end.  I can’t wait for the next book in this series to come out, because I eagerly anticipate what is going to happen with Javier’s sister and mercenary Derek Conway. Thank you Karina for another fantastic and wild ride!

If you'd like to check out more about this series or other books by Karina, please head over to her website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment