Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Unbeloved (Undeniable #4) by Madeline Sheehan

✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha

 

I had too many emotions going on after reading Unbeloved, and I really thought it best for me to wait until it all digested before I wrote my review.  I must say that this was hands down another fantastic read from the amazingly talented Madeline Sheehan!  I was at a loss for words for a while there, because I just loved this book so very hard!  Now I will remind you that this is not a sweet romance.  It is going to be gritty, raw, and unapologetic and you will likely laugh, cry, and have some anger issues all while reading Unbeloved.  But just remember… Madeline doesn’t do the sweet stuff.  So if that is your thing, I can tell you right now that you will not enjoy these books, but I will also tell you that you will be missing out on something amazing too.  *shrug* It’s your loss! Lol

So here is the sitch:  For Dorothy, life has never been easy and the choices she has made have not always been the best.  Unfortunately the heart wants what it wants though, and now she has found herself in love with two men but both have kept their relationship with her hidden in the shadows.  Jace is the selfish one who already has his own wife and family, but still strings Dorothy along for years saying that he will eventually leave his wife.  On the other side she has Hawk, who saw vulnerability in her relationship with his fellow club member and manipulated Dorothy into a secret relationship with him that resulted in their son.  Now I’m sure as you’ve read in the previous books, this doesn’t turn out well for any of them but that is where this story actually begins.

I feel like the Undeniable series is the total embodiment of what makes us human.  You will experience pain, regret, tragedy, love, lust, sacrifice, heartbreak, selfishness, and so many more emotions that Madeline so eloquently conveys in her talented writing.  But above it all, you will find a deep seeded hope that things will eventually work out for these characters too.  It may not be in the way you would expect, but they have all made poor choices and suffered the even sometimes dire consequences too.  Unbeloved is a bittersweet and exceedingly emotional story that will have you on the edge of your seat, and I promise you will not be able to put it down.  I really cannot tell you enough how much I adore this series, and Madeline’s masterpiece that is the Undeniable series is one you really don’t want to miss.


If you'd like to check out more about this series or other books by Madeline, please head over to her website.

 http://www.madelinesheehan.com/

Amazon  ~ Barnes & Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment