Thursday, July 10, 2014

Extreme Risk Series by Tracy Wolff

Reviewed by Kim


Shredded (Extreme Risk #1)   ✰✰✰✰


This book was completely intense. The two main characters are both incredibly damaged by their past and the losses they've endured. At first I approached this as a NA novel but about half way through it became so enthralling and fast paced that the NA genre didn't even enter into the way I was reading this book. The writing was so engaging that I felt like I was experiencing their pain right along with them.

Z was a really hot leading man and being damaged just made him that much more lovable. Ophelia (absolutely love the name) is the perfect woman to put him back together while he in turn puts her back together too. It's awesome to watch these two solitary characters work their way to becoming one. You don't get the unrealistic feel that it's all going to be wine and roses in their future but you know that they will at least have each other when the going gets tough.


Shattered (Extreme Risk #2)  ✰✰✰✰✰


After I finished Shredded I was looking forward to Shattered, but I did put it off for a bit because I expected it to be extremely emotional and difficult to read. Shattered far surpassed any of my expectations. This is a New Adult novel, now I'm not a big fan of New Adult, but Shredded caught my attention and I fell in love with these crazy, snowboarding extremists! There was no way I wasn't going to read Shattered after that and I'm so glad I did.

This isn't your typical NA genre novel. This is so much deeper. This book deals with real life issues, not just angsty post-teens that are trying to find themselves. These characters have their lives ripped apart and through their friendship and love find a way to pull it back together. Ash & Tansy are incredible lead characters, neither are whole but they don't give up, they don't do the "why me's" that you would expect with their situations. That take really horrible events and use them to become the strong individuals that they are. They bring each other past the pain and together find ways to be whole and move forward. The emotions that you experience during this book run the gambit, it's no holds barred emotional roller coaster time. You get the extreme highs from the thrills of adrenaline junkies to the crashing lows of love lost through trauma and illness. I could not put this book down and went through a couple of boxes of tissues.

This is an all around fantastic read so don't be put off by the genre and miss out on something truly special.

If you'd like to check out more about this series or Tracy's other books, please head over to her website.



Amazon  ~ Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment