Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy #1) by Leah Braemel


✰✰✰✰✰

 

Reviewed by Tabatha


I want to give a very special thank you to Leah, because this book means so very much to me.  She provided me with an ARC of Slow Ride Home, and was kind enough to even mention me in her dedication.  So I'm sending you loads of squishy hugs Leah, and thank you so much for such an amazing book!

Ben Grady holds a very special place in my heart, and I really can't shout this books praises high enough. :) I have always loved Leah's attention to the details, no matter how small, and how her stories are more plot driven. Now don't get me wrong because this book packs plenty of steam too, but she crafts the story in such a way that it absorbs you into her world. This book is just exceptionally well written, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The details she weaves into the story about Texas always astound me.

So Ben and Allie were torn apart by lies and deceit, and neither of them ever forgot the other or the feelings they once had. Now she is being forced to come back and confront those old feelings all while trying to save his family ranch from someone claiming to have purchased part of the land. These two pack a punch with the emotions going on here. I loved that Ben isn't afraid to tell Allie how he feels, and the way that he knows just how to handle her after all this time is just so swoon worthy. :) Allie is strong, yet, so very vulnerable too. She is justifiably skittish about allowing any man back into her life given her past mistakes, but especially Ben because he could hurt her worse than he did the first time. I loved the banter between these two, and the honest communication that they had. It just made the characters feel more real to me.

I've always been a sucker for a reunion type love story, and this one definitely exceeded my expectations. Overall, the chemistry and real emotions are what make this book great, but also the slight hint of mystery going on with all the secrets and deception. Definitely give this one a read guys, because I don't think you will be disappointed. Now I just have to wait on Jake's book, because I'm dying to see where this story goes! It's a trilogy, so you know it is just building and building! *big grin*

*ARC was provided by the author for honest review*

For more information on this series and Leah's other books, please check out her website.

http://www.LeahBraemel.com

Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment