Friday, April 11, 2014

Try (Temptation #1) by Ella Frank

 

 Reviewed by Erica ✰✰✰✰✰

 

OH MY F-ING GOD. This is the BEST male on male erotica book I have EVER READ. I expected great things after loving the Exquisite series, but this book was SO seriously captivating and emotional and SO UNBELIEVABLY HOT. I read it in one day. I do not think I will be forgetting Logan and Tate for a LONG, LONG time. For starters, the sexual tension between Logan and Tate was just amazing. The plot with the story of Tate's self-discovery and self-acceptance was absolutely...I don't even know an adequate word to describe it. The sex scenes with all the 'firsts' for both of them were just amazingly off the charts sexy. And the emotional depth of everything going on...OMFG, IT'S THE BEST GUY ON GUY BOOK I'VE EVER READ! HAVE I SCREAMED THAT LOUD ENOUGH YET! Ella Frank, YOU are an erotica MASTER. I can not wait until the next segment in this trilogy. This book is the epitome of true attraction to the person on the inside as well as the outside, no matter what the outside packaging is. LOVED it, LOVED it, LOOOOOVVVVVEED it!!!!! 

Reviewed by Tabatha ✰✰✰✰✰

 

What a fantastic read! I just absolutely adored Tate and Logan, and the chemistry and heat between these two is off the charts good! This one was so sizzling hot, but yet it had great emotional depth as well.  I think what I loved most was the fact that they are equal in the relationship.  Both have the ability to overpower, but yet they also willingly submit as well.  The only thing that bothered me was Tate's first time.  I cringed at it while reading that part, because even for m/f it would be painful for anyone in that position if it were their first time. 

I have to say the plot was so engaging, that I couldn't put this one down from start to finish.  I didn't mind the cliffhanger ending, because I knew another book is on its way. I guess that is the popular thing to do lately with books, and not everyone likes that type of ending so I will caution you guys that it might bother you. For me the good so out weighed any bad. The chemistry between Logan and Tate is just...yeah wow... good. Logan may not have handled the "outing" scene very well, but I think it was a natural reaction for him and true to his character. Now I may not have liked it, but I would have been shocked had he not been an ass.

I think Ella is a fantastic author, but she really stepped up her game with this one.  She had me wanting to be in the middle of a Logan and Tate sandwich!  My dear Ella...I really need the next book ASAP! So with all this said, I'm going to highly suggest this one to you guys, and if you haven't tried an m/m book then you Try this one! *winks*


For more information about this series or Ella's other books, please check out her website.



Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erica and Tabatha!

    I just had to stop and leave a comment when I saw your reviews for TRY. OMG, I absolutely loved this book as well! And at the time I did not know it was going to end on a cliffhanger *growls* Well, it looks like we don't have too much longer to wait for the sequel, TAKE, which is coming out in July I think. Anyway, excellent reviews, ladies!

    Best Wishes,
    Mia @ The Muses Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Mia! I have to agree that waiting this long has been a test of patience, because I am so eager to hear where the story goes from here! I'm not a lover of cliffhangers, but this book was so good that I didn't care. Seriously...what I wouldn't give to be in a Logan and Tate sandwich! LOL

    ReplyDelete